Some people say female relationships are complicated and while this may be true, nothing beats having a solid group of girls who are there for you in the best of times and the worst of times. Your BFF, the one who’s there for you when your boyfriend dumps you or the guy you’ve been texting suddenly ghosted you. These are the girls you can call in the middle of the night who will listen to you vent about your creep of an ex! These girls are your tribe, your squad. In short, your girlfriends are the cornerstone of your emotional and even physical well-being.
7 Reasons Girlfriends are the Most Important People in Your Life
- Feel a sense of connection. The connection you’ll have with your female friends is totally different than the one you have with your man. Women are wired differently. They’re naturally more empathetic, sensitive, and more intuitive. Women share a sisterhood that no one can break.
- They’re willing to listen. Yes, they will actually listen to you. Can vent to them you can vent to your girlfriends and they’ll listen and commiserate with you without trying to “fix it” for you as your guy would do. They’ll be able to relate to your problems and show concern. And often that’s all we need, an ear to listen and let us get things off our chest. Your girl will be there for you.
- They can relate to your problems. They can relate to your problems, embarrassments, and struggles. Like the time you passed out at the bar and your girlfriends were there to pick you up and take you home. What’s more, women share a certain sisterhood. We all experience common struggles growing up, dating, motherhood, career, etc.
- You can borrow clothes. You can always borrow each other’s clothes. What an awesome way to expand your wardrobe without breaking the bank.
- You can be yourself. This is the best part of having loyal gal pals. You don’t have to pretend you’re not someone you’re not. They love you for who you REALLY are. They know you better than anyone because they’ve seen it all: the good, the bad, and the ugly.
- Your true friends are loyal. These girls know all your dirty little secrets and they have your back no matter back. Your true friends will stick up for you and not let anyone talk behind your back. They’ll keep you in check when you’re out of line or wrong because they only want the very best for you.
- Always ready for fun. Your girls are always ready and willing to go out on the town. Who needs a man when you have your good girlfriends for a girls’ night out.
Female Friendships Are Important In All Stages of Your Life
And female friendships are important in all stages of life. From childhood to adulthood and into old age, having a safety net of female friends is critical to feeling connected and happy.
Sure, there will be arguments, misunderstandings, and even a certain amount of cattiness. But when you realize that your girls will be there for you through thick or thin, you’ll start to overlook the pettiness that is common in all human relationships and appreciate your gals for all the happiness they bring to your life.