6 Tips for a Simple Self-Care Sunday Routine
Incorporating a self-care routine into your week is essential for peace of mind, stress relief, and your overall health. If you spend most of your time doing things for others, you may feel there is not enough time in the week for yourself. However, carving out a little “me-time” is essential to managing your stress and keeping your sanity intact. When you practice self care you reinforce positive feelings about yourself and you let others know that you are important, too. Practicing
There are many ways of practicing
6 Self-Care Practices You Can Do on Sunday for a Healthy Body and Mind
- Indulge in a face mask. A face mask is the quintessential skin-care treatment. An at-home face mask will make you feel like you went to the spa. Face masks range from moisturizing and hydrating, cleansing your pores, to even out your skin tone. Masks provide lasting benefits to your skin. You’ll find mud masks, clay masks, sheet masks, creamy masks. Depending on your skin’s needs, find the mask that works for you and sip some wine while the mask works its magic.
- Take a bubble bath. Can anything be more indulgent than a bubble bath? I don’t think so. When you think of a bubble bath you immediately think of candles and wine. And that’s exactly how you should take your bath. Buy some luxuriously scented candles and break open a good bottle of wine. Turn on some fabulous jazz or bossa nova music (you can listen to it on Youtube) and relax till you’re
- Put on a hair mask. A deep conditioning hair mask will work wonders for your mane and make your tresses shiny and manageable. If your hair has been feeling a bit dull and dry, pamper it with a hydrating conditioner. If you’re feeling really daring, try a homemade concoction of egg, honey, and mayonnaise. It’s not for the faint of heart, but trust me it works
. Conditionyour feet. There’s nothing better than soaking your feet in a warm foot bath with Epsom salts or even better, Johnson’s foot soap. Any soaking solution that has borate will soothe tired feet. And because your feet are soggy from soaking in the soapy warm water, the dead flaky skin will slough off easier when you file it off.
- Take a nap. The benefits of napping cannot be understated. Napping is not just for babies or toddlers. In fact, research shows that a mid-afternoon nap can boost memory, decrease stress, increase alertness, and improve your overall health. Taking a 15-30 minute nap is a great way to recharge your system and lift your mood.
- Meditate. I cannot even begin to list all the benefits of meditation. One of the main benefits of meditating is that it reduces stress. In fact, most people who meditate do so in hopes of easing their stress and anxiety. But meditation can also increase your attention span, bring about a new perspective, improve concentration, and increase overall emotional health by reducing your negative emotions. So carve out some calm time and meditate your way to self-awareness and inner peace.
Of course, these are simple suggestions based on things I practice myself. You should create a self-care routine tailored to your needs and
Having a Self-Care Routine is Important
Being kind to yourself is at the heart of